They are personal and focused on what really matters most to you. They are usually challenging, but you have this especially strong drive to commit to success and be proud of your achievements at the dawn of the subsequent year.
Do's and don’ts for New Year’s resolutions
This video offers five tips on how to set achievable goals and succeed in achieving your New Year’s resolutions.
- Don’t try to change your entire life
- Don’t set up yourself for failure
- Plan how you will take action
- Get into a winning mindset
- Be patient and don’t give up
Watch the video for more insights and examples on how to set realistic New Year’s resolutions.
For successful B-school applicants only
If you are really committed to advance your career and life style by gaining an MBA or a specialised Master’s degree in business, management, finance or marketing, check out some of the resolutions you may wish to adopt for 2017. They will set you on the road to success.
- I will do my soul-searching and describe my dream MBA or Master’s programme before I start selecting schools.
- I will research all options to find the best-matching programme for me because the MBA or Master’s is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- I will make the most of my GMAT preparation because it develops my skills to succeed in business school and in management practice.
- I will retake the GMAT until I achieve the best score I can to make myself eligible for as many reputable programmes as possible.
- I will compete to merit scholarships, because winning one will vouch for my outstanding abilities in addition to increasing the return on my investment in business education.