Helpful for: MBA and Master’s Applicants Read Time: 9 minutes Quick Facts:
- University of Delaware offers the Conditional Admissions Program from their English Language Institute for candidates who are admitted in all aspects except English proficiency. Students get the chance to build their language skills before beginning the graduate program, without needing an IELTS or TOEFL score.
- The University of Redlands in California allows candidates who have completed their bachelor’s in English to have the TOEFL requirement waived. Also, other applicants can choose to have an in-person interview with a faculty member or admissions counselor.
- West Texas A&M exempts applicants who are citizens from some countries including Ghana, Liberia and Commonwealth Caribbean countries from submitting English proficiency test scores. For the full list of countries visit their website. For applicants who don’t meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirements, the school offers the Academic English Pathway Program.
- Purdue University—West Lafayette’s M.S. in computer and the master’s programs at Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering do not require the GRE.
- DePaul University of Chicago has over 175 graduate programs, many of which do not require neither the GMAT or GRE. University of Dayton in Ohio’s 60 master’s programs adopt the same policy. Paul Vanderburgh, associate provost for graduate academic affairs of the school says:
The school looks at multiple factors when evaluating applications, such as cumulative GPA, the path a student's GPA takes, GPA in key courses, time since the candidate earned an undergraduate degree, letters of recommendation and the personal statement. These rigorous admissions requirements help to ensure quality without adding another hurdle for international students.
- Florida International offers some master’s programs that don’t require the GRE. Applicants should read through the university’s online catalogue to find those courses, such as the M.S. in environmental engineering.
A few U.S. university MBA programs that don’t require the GMAT are University of Dallas, Ohio University and the University of Redlands.
- International students should remember to weigh all of their options when applying to graduate programs. This means applying to universities that place importance on GPA and work experience over standardized test scores.
Do you have a spare few hours? Take the GMAT Practice Test and evaluate your current GMAT level!
Source: US News