About this course
Do you find it difficult to start a conversation or think of the right words when communicating in English? Do you know how to start and end conversations in a polite way? Do you want to learn more about American, British, Canadian, Australian, South Korean, Colombian, and Chinese cultures? If so, then this online course is exactly for you!
Fluent communication in English is crucial when you have to sit exams such as TOEFL or IELTS where there is a speaking part. Also if you are applying to a top business school then a very important part of the admission process is the interview with the admissions committee. So there are a lot of reasons why you should be able to express yourself freely in English. This course will help you to do that!
What you'll learn
- Develop conversational English skills
- Listen to dialogues and group discussions to improve your understanding of spoken English and some cultural norms
- Learn key words and expressions
- Engage in activities to help you understand better the content of conversations
- Learn to initiate your own conversations in English on a variety of topics
Starting date: Self-paced
Length: 10 weeks
Instructors: Wenxia Zhang, Fang Yang, Glenn M. Davis, Thomas H. Piachaud
Institution: Tsinghua University