This free online course called “Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting” is an ideal starting point if you are planning a career in business, finance or accountancy.
You will have the opportunity to study business or finance and learn how to launch your own start-up. You can also prepare for ACCA exams in Recording Financial Transactions (FA1) and Management Information (MA1). And the best thing is you do not need any previous knowledge of accounting - simply sign up and start your learning journey.
About the course
What you'll learn
• Business transactions, the banking system and double entry bookkeeping
• Payroll and ledger accounts
• Reconciliation and preparation of the trial balance
• The nature and purpose of cost and management accounting
• How to record and classify costs
• How to use spreadsheets
Starting date: 12 October 2015
Duration: 10 weeks
Educators: Barry Walsh, Tara Askham