Rotman School of Management MBA
The Rotman School of Management is a part of the University of Toronto, the top university in Canada with a well-deserved global reputation for excellence in research. Rotman is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the world’s most multicultural city (ahead of New York City and London), just steps away from the second largest financial centre in North America, and Canada’s business and cultural core. By joining the largest and most internally diverse MBA program in Canada, you will gain access to more top employers and global recruiters than any other business school in Canada.
Rotman has built a global reputation on its ambitious vision for business education. Our unique approach to problem-solving and decision-making will transform your career and your leadership potential. You can customize your MBA experience through over 100 elective courses across 16 Majors, and earn an MBA-level salary while you learn through our innovative Flexible Internship Program.
Rotman is an exceptional way to launch your career and life in Canada, as all our international graduates are eligible for a 3-year Canadian work permit. We offer generous support for women leaders, with one of the highest ratios of female candidates in business education (40% in 2017). We offer over $4 million in financial aid support, as well as the opportunity to compete for an additional $300,000 in scholarship awards through our annual Rotman Problem Solving Challenge.
Type of Course: MBA
- #1 BUSINESS SCHOOL IN CANADA FOR THE LAST 11 YEARS – Financial Times 2017
- #1 UNIVERSITY IN CANADA – Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016
- #3 IN THE WORLD FOR RESEARCH OUTPUT – Financial Times 2017
Starting Dates: September
Length of Course: 16 months + 4 months for paid internship
- Early Round: September 3, 2021 (Decision by October 15, 2021)
- Round 1: October 4, 2021 (Decision by December 10, 2021)
- Round 2: January 10, 2022 (Decision by March 11, 2022)
- Round 3: March 7, 2022* (Decision by April 29, 2022)
- Round 4: April 25, 2022** (Decision by June 3, 2022)
* To be considered for specific Combined Program awards we advise applicants to the JD/MBA, MGA/MGA, Skoll/MBA and Pharma/MBA Programs to apply by the Round Two deadline.
** All international applicants (excluding US Citizens) are highly encouraged to apply by Round Three in order to ensure ample time for visa processing after accepting the offer of admission.Close
The Class of 2019 includes 35 nationalities represented from 51 birth countries, with 70% of our students born outside of Canada.
For full details, see our Class Profile.
Women entering Class of 2019: 143
Average Age: 27
Length of Work Experience:
- Average 4.3 years
- No minimum, but at least 2 years recommended
For full details on our admissions criteria, please see How to Apply.
- Undergraduate degree: 3.0 GPA (final year)
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Work experience: At least 2 years recommended
- 2 professional references
- One traditional written essay and one (3-5 word) reflection question.
- Required video interview (2 questions) and a timed written response component (10 minutes in length).
- Check out our blog posts for details on the video essay and the timed written component.
- English Language proficiency
- Interview by invitation
For more information on what we look for in our applicants, see What's Really Important In MBA Admissions .Close
Application fees: $195 CAD
Tuition fees: Domestic $104,380 CAD or International $116,610 CAD (for class of 2020 subject to change YOY)
Estimate for accommodation/living costs: $20,856 – $28,756 per year
Costs, which will vary by individual, are in Canadian dollars and based on residency in downtown Toronto.Close