University of Tampa, Sykes College of Business MBA
The University of Tampa is a private, comprehensive institution located in the commercial hub of Florida’s west coast. Its 8,500 students form a richly diverse and dynamic learning community, from which hundreds of companies recruit new talent each year. The University of Tampa’s Sykes College of Business has been named one of the best 295 business schools in the world by the The Princeton Review for the last decade, and U.S. News & World Report ranks its MBA program among the best in the nation. This general MBA offers students the opportunity to choose one of 9 possible concentrations, including: Business Analytics, Cybersecurity, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Non-Profit Management. With amazing career services and mentorship opportunities, students have all the resources they need at their fingertips to expand and launch their careers.
Type of Course: Two-year Full-time MBA
Accreditation: AACSB, SAC, SCC, ABET
- UT is included in the Forbes' 2017 annual ranking of America's Top Colleges, an honor the University has received seven times since the start of the annual list in 2008.
- UT was awarded the 2016 Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization by NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
- UT was named as one of 30 most beautiful coastal college campuses in the United States by Best Value Schools.
- The University of Tampa’s Sykes College of Business was named in 2016 for the first time as a best graduate business school by Bloomberg Businessweek in its annual ranking of 87 full-time U.S. MBA programs.
- For the 11th year in a row, UT's Sykes College of Business has been named by The Princeton Review as an outstanding business school — and one of the 294 best business schools in the world.
- UT’s Sykes College of Business was ranked 47th in the category of “Excellent Business Schools” in the U.S. in the Eduniversal Worldwide Business Schools Ranking 2011.
- In a Business Insider online ranking of U.S. business schools that offer the best education for the price, The University of Tampa Sykes College of Business has been ranked No. 7. The ranking set the Sykes College of Business immediately above the business school at the University of Notre Dame and below the University of California-Berkely’s business school. UT was also ranked higher than the business schools at Harvard University, Duke University and Ohio State University.
- The Lowth Entrepreneurship Center at The University of Tampa has been awarded the Entrepreneurship Teaching and Pedagogical Innovation Award by the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC).
Starting Dates: January and August
Length of Course: Full Time: 18-24 months
Application Deadlines: RollingClose
Number of nationalities: 50
Percentage of international students: 30%
Average Age: 23-26
Length of Work Experience: Average: 2-3 years, Minimum: 0Close
GMAT: AVG 550
TOEFL/IELTS: 90, 6.5
Application fee: $40
Tuition fees: Full-time MBA: $35,000 for the full program
Estimate for accommodation/living costs, insurance: $15,000 per yearClose