THE VISUAL LEARNER
Are you someone who thinks by drawing mental images, or doodling while taking notes when someone is speaking? Do you enjoy gathering information from maps, diagrams, graphs and charts? Most learners fall into this category - learning best by being highly observant.
1. The GMAT section, located on our homepage, is your place to acquire expertise on all the test’s sections by reading articles and watching videos. By clicking on the different tabs: quantitative, verbal, integrated reasoning and analytical writing assessment, you are shown content to help you prepare for that particular section. If you are in the initial stage of preparing for the GMAT, you should read some introductory articles. You can get to them from our homepage, and by clicking on the top menu on GMAT Preparation and choosing either: What is the GMAT Exam, or How to Prepare for the GMAT.
2. The tests section of our homepage includes helpful content on the GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and IELTS tests. When you click on one of these tests, you are taken to a library full of all the articles and videos on our site that will help you prepare for that specific test. You can also read some great introductory material from the top menu and clicking on Admission Tests, and then on What is the GRE Test, What is the TOEFL Test, or What is the IELTS Test?
3. The admissions’ section of our homepage has articles and videos to help you prepare the most important stages of admission. You can click through the tabs and explore the latest content, according to your interests. For more on admission, head over to the Admission Resources on the top menu and click on a topic of interest, to read and watch videos on How to Get Scholarships for example, or how to submit Your Stellar Recommendations.
4. The best way to stay informed is by reading the latest news on upcoming events, free MOOCs, exciting new scholarship opportunities, and more. You get there by clicking on Admission Resources, and then on news. The News section is your place to receive the weekly scoop.
5. Another way to stay informed is with Quick Reads. To get there, head over to Admission Resources again and click on Quick Reads. The Quick Reads section contains a collection of some of the most compelling articles on the web carefully chosen and presented as a quick skim of what is most important to a candidate.
THE INTERACTIVE LEARNER
Do you often look for ways to engage with others and consider yourself a hands-on learner? If so, then you should definitely check out these resources, which will guide you through the process of admission tests and allow you to gain valuable insight on submitting an impressive application.
1. The best way to connect on PrepAdviser is by joining in during our free live chats and webinars. They are listed on top of our homepage, on the Online Events You can choose from admissions and preparation webinars, depending on your interest. To register for the event, you simply click on the green register button and fill in the required fields. Afterwards, you will receive a confirmation email that you have secured your spot for the event. On the day of the webinar, you will receive a reminder e-mail as well as a text message with a link where you can join the live webinar.
2. If you are searching for the right school for you, you should try out the School Finder. There are two ways you can get to it. One way is on our homepage, by browsing top business schools on our slider and clicking through the different tabs: Masters, MBA, EMBA, according to the program you are interested in. The second way is by going up to the top menu on our homepage and clicking School Selection. The tool allows you to search for schools through filtering the location, GMAT score requirements, and budget. When you find a school you’re interested in and click on it, you are taken to a page full of relevant admission information, as well as the school’s live twitter feed!
THE AUDITORY LEARNER
Auditory learners take in information best by listening. They often hum or talk to themselves or others to avoid boredom. Luckily for you, PrepAdviser delivers exciting new audio content on a regular basis, which will keep you hooked for hours on end.
1. If you’ve decided on a few business schools you are interested in, you can listen and watch Interviews with Admission Directors we have made on our YouTube channel. You get to the section by clicking on School Selection. Make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss out once a new interview gets uploaded.
2. If you’re a busy person and always on the go, you can listen to our podcast PrepCast on Apple or Spotify, where we upload weekly interviews, school presentations and preparation tutorials and where we read articles out loud.
Hopefully, you have acquired an overview of how you can connect, be informed, and prepare on PrepAdviser, tailored to your unique learning style. You should now have a better understanding of how you can use the many tools and resources on our site to make your application successful and smooth.