This free online course will introduce you to the rapidly evolving world of digital marketing and the role it plays in driving awareness and sales for online businesses. Learn more about the customer journey and discover how people use the digital environment to search, engage, review, and buy.
About the course
If you do not know where you are going, you will never arrive, which is why you need a strategy to direct your digital marketing decisions. The course will provide you with a step-by-step guide to creating your own digital marketing strategy, to keep you on the right track towards engaging and retaining your most valuable customers online.
There are so many ways you can engage online and new digital marketing tools are evolving every day. The course instructor will give you an overview of what is available and drill down into the four main components: search, content, social, and email. You will be able to try your hand at using some of the tools and you will receive guidance to understand the opportunities each presents. This will hopefully help you form a compelling digital marketing campaign, which will get your online business noticed.
The course is one of four in the Online Business Success programme from RMIT University (Australia). On every course, you will be guided by academics from the College of Business and the Business Enterprise Unit. In addition, you will hear from successful online entrepreneurs about how they run their own digital marketing campaigns.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand digital marketing and the opportunities it presents for online business;
- Realise the importance of a digital marketing strategy;
- Identify the different forms of digital marketing and the best application of each;
- Assess your business against competitors and market trends to determine the types of digital technologies that are most effective;
- Develop a digital plan by selecting the most appropriate digital marketing tools;
- Create the digital customer journey;
- Prepare for developing content;
- Design measurements and analytics;
- Improve the overall reach to your target audience by testing and reviewing the effectiveness of your digital marketing tools.
This course is targeted at learners who have a small online business or are considering setting up such a business and wish to understand the principles of digital marketing. Learners who would like to find out how to create a digital marketing strategy, develop components of a campaign and evaluate their effectiveness, are all welcome. No digital marketing skills are necessary.
About the instructor
Brett Stavenuiter is an entrepreneur, business owner and business consultant with 25 years of experience. He has assisted over 5,000 successful entrepreneurial business startups in Australia and Indonesia.
Starting date: 15 May 2017
Duration: 4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Instructors: Brett Stavenuiter
Institution: RMIT University