About the course
This course is for anyone looking to improve their intercultural competence - you might be a student preparing for the world of work or study abroad, or a HR worker or corporate trainer, or you could be a professional working in marketing. You don’t need any prior experience.
In this course not only will you develop the skills and acquire the knowledge needed to meet the global challenges today’s world presents, you will also learn to succeed in a diverse workplace and appreciate the value of cultural differences.
What you will learn
- Interact with people who are culturally diverse (openness)
- Ask questions of other cultures (curiosity)
- Describe your own cultural rules and biases (self-awareness)
- Differentiate complex worldview frameworks (cultural worldview frameworks)
- Discuss differences in various forms of communication (verbal and non-verbal communication)
- Recognise the feelings of diverse cultural groups (empathy)
Starting date: 21 August 2017
Duration: 4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Instructor: Charles A. Calahan
Institution: Purdue University (US)
Check out: Why Consider MBA Dual Degree Programmes