The TOEFL test and the IELTS exam are both popular requirements for admission to MBA and Master’s programmes. Each of them assesses the four language skills – listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing and speaking. Each of the tests is delivered internationally at over 1,000 testing centres in over 130 countries around the world. But which of the two tests is best to take?
The TOEFL test and the IELTS exam require preparation because business schools expect you to achieve a high score. A high score is evidence that you master the English language on a level that will allow you to study effectively in an international MBA or Master’s programme.
The TOEFL test or the IELTS exam is needed for admission, even if you take the GMAT or GRE. You may wonder why? Not sure which test to take first GMAT or a language test? Wonder which one is best to take – TOEFL or IELTS?
During the live chat you can learn:
- How TOEFL and IELTS differ.
- How to decide which test is best for you to take.
- What scores will get you admitted.
Get expert advice
PrepAdviser’s Head of Admissions Consulting, Iliana Bobova, will reply to your questions, live. Iliana has advised people just like you and they gained admission and generous scholarships for European and American business schools.
How to join the Live Chat:
- Visit PrepAdviser on 12 February between 1 and 2 p.m. CET (GMT+1).
- Log in or Register at the top of the home page or directly in the chat box.
- Post your questions in the Chat Box at the bottom right-hand corner of the home page.
Note: the Live Chat is not visible if you are in PrepAdviser’s Forum.