Modul University Vienna MBA
Modul University Vienna is widely considered as Austria's leading international private university and is owned by the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the largest provider of private education in Austria. The university is located in beautiful Vienna, Austria, the world's number one city for quality of living 2009-2019, and it is ranked in the world’s 25 top performing universities in top-cited publications.
The Modul brand stands for more than 100 years of excellence in education. Founded in 1908, MODUL College is the tourism school with the longest tradition in tourism and hospitality education worldwide. Modul University Vienna offers cutting-edge education in the areas of international management, new media technology, public governance, sustainable development, and tourism and hospitality management.
Program Description & FormatThe Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a program designed especially for industry professionals wanting to advance their careers. The program is taught in block seminars, tailor-made for working professionals.It concentrates on strategic analysis and planning, interdisciplinary skills, value-based management, and critical thinking. Students will advance their knowledge in core business disciplines including human resource management, organizational behavior, accounting and finance, marketing and operations, innovation and entrepreneurship. Out-of-the-box thinking challenges existing limits and thought patterns.
The MBA program offers courses on a monthly basis throughout the entire academic year starting in October through September. Each course involves 2-3 days of interactive seminars led by internationally recognized scholars who convey their expertise and encourage participation through a variety of innovative teaching methods. The schedule is convenient for working professionals with blocked courses taking place on 4-5 consecutive weekdays and weekends. MBA students who finish all required courses in the first 12 months of the program can complete their degree in 18 months, with 4 months dedicated entirely to writing the master’s thesis. An extended format also gives participants the option to increase their study time to 24 months, allowing even more scheduling flexibility and additional time to work on the master’s thesis.
An extensive offering of Enrichment Courses ensures flexibility to meet individual preferences and ambitions, with 75% of the program consisting of compulsory elements (Core Courses) and 25% Enrichment Courses. The Enrichment Courses are a unique opportunity to personalize the MBA program to match the student’s career, interests, aspirations, and expectations and are offered in four innovative fields:
- Digital Marketing
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Leadership
- Innovation & Experience Design for Tourism
- Real Estate Management
- Sustainable Management & Governance
Course description and schedule can be found here. (Subject to change.)
- AQ Austria (Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria)
7000 graduates worldwide
700 students enrolled students
26 - 52 age range of MBA students
35 average age of MBA students
73% international students
11:9 male-to-female student body ratioClose
- Proof of a Bachelor university degree (including transcripts) with a minimum duration of three years or completion of an equivalent degree relevant to the content of the study program (In exceptional cases, admission of persons who do not hold a university degree is possible if they can provide proof of an equivalent qualification. This can be e.g. diploma courses, further education plus extensive and relevant professional experience as well as other career related achievements. In this case, proof of a secondary school leaving certificate must be provided.)
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Proof of English proficiency C1 level for non-native speakers: at least 2 years of secondary or higher education in English or an internationally recognized language test (IELTS, Cambridge, TOEFL, Duolingo)
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport
- Passport sized photograph
- 2 letters of recommendation (from academic sources or professional sources)
- To gain acceptance, applicants must pass a formal admission interview (in person or video Skype)
Tuition fee: 25000EUR for the full program payed in 4 instalments
Scholarships available - for more information click here!Close