UC Berkeley Haas Full Time MBA MBA
Step on campus, or have any interaction with our faculty, students, and alumni, and you'll experience the way we live our distinctive culture. Your Berkeley MBA experience and who you become as a leader are shaped by our four Defining Leadership Principles:
- Question the Status Quo - we lead by championing bold ideas, taking intelligent risks, and accepting sensible failures. This means speaking our minds even when it challenges convention.
- Confidence Without Attitude - we make decisions based on evidence and analysis, giving us the confidence to act without arrogance. We lead through trust and collaboration.
- Students Always - we are a community designed for curiosity and lifelong pursuit of personal and intellectual growth. This is not a place for those who feel they have learned all they need to learn.
- Beyond Yourself - we shape our world by leading ethically and responsibly. As stewards of our enterprises, we take the longer view in our decisions and actions. This often means putting larger interests above our own.
The Berkeley MBA experience produces leaders who excel at the core skills that businesses will always need—critical thinking, communication, and constant adaptability—and who deliver strategic, operational, and organizational innovation. Study at Berkeley Haas, and you study at the heart of the new economy. The San Francisco Bay Area is home to companies that are redefining industries and driving global economic growth, such as Apple, Google, and Airbnb. Opportunities for growth and development are at your fingertips, with the world’s largest assembly of innovators in tech—from information to bio and clean—right nearby. We partner with industry leaders to bring guest speakers to campus and to provide experiential learning, internships, and networking and career opportunities.
With less than 300 students enrolled in each entering class, we are regularly the smallest of any top full-time MBA program. This allows us to deliver highly personalized career services. Our Career Management Group can partner with you to identify your professional goals and help you make the connections that will make reaching them possible, whether you are furthering your career or launching a new one. Our small class size also means you become part of a close-knit community of classmates whose genuine bonds and collaborative outlooks inspire support of each other’s career pursuits. They form the most immediate circle of your network, which also includes the Berkeley Haas alumni network and nearly half a million alumni of the University of California at Berkeley.
Our rigorous curriculum takes an interdisciplinary approach to business fundamentals, so you can move seamlessly from “what is” to “what could be.” It steeps you in different ways of thinking and in multiple perspectives, and reinforces your growing knowledge with experiential learning opportunities. The 12 required courses in the core curriculum build on one another to foster mastery of the analytical tools and essential knowledge to lead successfully. Beyond the core, you’ll have the freedom to tailor the majority of your MBA studies to achieve your goals and passions. Our inclusive culture emphasizes empathy and communication in an environment where everyone feels comfortable taking risks and speaking up.
We draw on deep relationships with leading firms and organizations in the Bay Area, across the nation, and around the world to offer unparalleled opportunities for our MBA experiential learning. More than half of our electives feature hands-on projects. You will take at least one of nearly 20 Applied Innovation courses, working on team projects that range from corporate innovation initiatives with major firms to global consulting work.
Berkeley Haas By the Numbers
43% women in the class of 2020
# 6 Best Business Schools ranking (US News & World Report, 2020)
291 enrolled students in the class of 2020Close
- online application
- transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs you have attended or are currently attending
- a current resume
- GMAT or GRE exam prior to the deadline for which you are applying (no minimum acceptable score)
- two required essays, supplemental essays, and optional essays
- two professional letters of recommendation (one from your current direct supervisor)
- interviews (by invitation only and required for an offer of admission)
- applicants who received their degrees from countries in which the primary official language is not English, must submit official evidence of English Language Proficiency
- a USD 200 application fee is required and payable within the online application
Tuition and fees
CA Resident - USD 64 246
Non-resident - USD 68 444
Admissions advisors are available to assist you in person or by phone Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
Haas School of Business
2220 Piedmont Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720
Full-Time MBA Admissions
Haas School of Business
430 Student Services Bldg #1902
Berkeley, CA 94720-1902