Jack Welch Management Institute MBA
Although Jack Welch Management Institute is located in Washington D.C., all of the business school’s programs are 100 percent online.
JWMI hopes to transform the lives of students by providing them with the tools to become better leaders and build great teams.
The program includes:
- A 12-course online MBA with additional concentrations in healthcare, human resources, and operations management
- Graduate certificates in leadership, healthcare, and human resources
- Executive certificates in leadership, strategy, business communications, and finance
Jack Welch was one of the world’s most respected and celebrated CEOs. He brought his unmatched track record of success, enormous love of people, fierce passion for winning, and unbridled desire to change the world for the better using his proven management practices to JWMI.
As part of JWMI’s Experts of Practice lecture series, students learn proven business and leadership lessons from Jack Welch and experts from today’s leading organizations including Berkshire Hathaway, Starbucks, Netflix, McDonald’s, Boeing, and more.
The interactive, 100 % online format lets students take classes anywhere at any time, allowing them to earn their MBA in as little as 18 months without interrupting their careers.
JWMI offers several student resources that can help with the transition to an online classroom, curriculum support, or student life in general.
- Blackboard allows students to review weekly assignments, watch video lectures, access course materials, interact with fellow students, receive feedback from professors, access the online video library, and much more
- JWMI courses are built "mobile-first" so students can access and complete coursework seamlessly from any device
- JWMI uses online case studies built on video-based, experiential learning, and explores companies’ decision making
- JWMI partners with Amazon Audible so students can purchase digital audiobook versions of textbooks and lectures, accessible on any Amazon device or mobile app
Student Support Resources:
1. JWMI offers several student orientation webinars, helping students become acquainted with the online learning environment
2. Each student is assigned an academic advisor who can facilitate support services, including communications coaches and quantitative-class tutors
3. JWMI offers a variety of support services for students to take advantage of:
- Communication coaches—assist with papers and writing assignments
- Tutors—assist with quantitative classes like Finance and Economics
- Grammarly.com subscription—online writing tools
4. The JWMI Business Office is committed to supporting students with the process of obtaining the financial resources necessary to pursue their Jack Welch MBA
JWMI is supported by a global network of engaged students and alumni. Community resources include JWMI Connect; Students & Alumni Advisory Board; Local Networking Groups.
Each student at the Jack Welch Management Institute is assigned an advisor who connects them with appropriate career-related resources.
Students and alumni also have access to JWMI Connect, a private JWMI network dedicated to career development, mentoring, and job placement.
Built on a practical foundation, our curriculum is structured to help you ga in the confidence and knowledge to execute with a CEO mindset.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Final program length will depend on the number of courses taken per quarter and the number of quarters attended per year.THE MBA CURRICULUM Close