We think of ourselves as GMAT coaches rather than tutors. We will help you dominate the GMAT, and in the process, we give you the strategies and tactics you need to excel at a top MBA program and beyond.
For the last 8 years, Merchant GMAT & Admissions has been empowering and unlocking the true potential of top international talent to become the future global business leaders of tomorrow.
With the combined experience of more than 15 years of GMAT and Admissions experience between our coaches, we have developed our own set of methods and resources designed to place candidates into the top MBA programs in the US and Europe while learning new tactics and strategies that will fundamentally change the way you approach challenging decisions in life.
Our holistic approach to the MBA journey spans from in-depth diagnostic testing at the GMAT Level, personalized Admissions Consulting from our American coaches, and leveraging our 400+ Merchant Alumni Network to help guide MBA candidates in their enrollment decisions and beyond.
- One on One Personalized GMAT Coaching: Merchant offers a fully loaded and personalized 30-hour package (4-6 months) for those looking to start from scratch and learn GMAT from the basics to advanced Merchant Methods. We also provide "GMAT Surgery" classes between 5-20 hours where we focus on your weaknesses using mistake driven analysis to discover your pain points and offer new strategies and test-taking tips that not only result in a significant bump in your GMAT score but also improve your business skills (what the GMAT is actually testing).
- The Merchant Academy: The flagship program combines the best of both worlds with 24 hours of Group Class, and 36 hours of individual one-on-one coaching. This allows you to begin working on your network and following a study plan that will teach you what you need to know, not all of the fluff and extra information that many programs provide. Our students work 50-80 hours a week and we act as your Project Manager. The course will take you between 4-6 months to finish with a recommended 10-15 hours of studying a week. Like our One on One Coaching, all of our materials are video lessons, video questions, and video answers that are on-demand in your virtual classroom.
5 School Application Service: Merchant offers a 5 school application consulting service where we not only focus on your applications but how to set yourself up for the real prize, achieving your short/long term goal. 97% of our students get into at least 1 of their top 3 schools and we have sourced more than 1.4 million USD in scholarships since 2018. We recommend between 3-5 months but many of our elite business professional students prefer to begin 1-2 years before to take advantage of the time they have to pinpoint red flags, receive career consulting advice, and create the most compelling story with the time they have.
"Deciding to study for the GMAT with Joe and Anish was the best decision I've made..."
Deciding to study for the GMAT with Joe and Anish was the best decision I've made, regarding studying for the exam, for many reasons. I truly encourage anyone who's seeking a +700 score to pay them a visit. Here are a few reasons on why these guys are the best choice when enrolling at a GMAT course:
1) First and foremost: The GMAT is a means to an end, they know it and they don't just "prepare you to ace the GMAT". I remember I spent my first 30 minutes with them sharing my objectives, concerns, schools I'm aiming for, etc. Later, through the course, they would share with me insights of those schools, ask me key questions to organise my thinking process and, while studying, keep focus on what I was really pursuing I want to emphasise this point because along the way, you are going to get frustrated a lot, but these guys will always help and encourage you to keep moving forward. They don't want you just to score a high grade, they want to help you reach your end goal - get in a business school. Wrapping up: Personal cheering crowd and coaches is a must have and as far as I know, you won't find it everywhere
2) The studying material they provide are more than mere photocopies or summaries from a book. You can clearly tell they update and renew their material to be up to date. Additionally, they keep this material online in such a way that it can be customised for each student, allowing you to focus on your improvement opportunities.
3) Working Late? Live in the middle of nowhere? Feeling bad enough to stay in bed but not bad enough to skip classes? No worries. Classes can be set up via Skype or Hangouts. This flexibility helped me a bunch of times! I admit I wasn't convinced this was an advantage before starting the course... later I understood it's super handy (like doing home office on a sunny Friday haha)
4) It wasn't a huge differential for me, but if you are struggling with the Verbal section, having classes with two native Americans is definitely a plus
5) Last but not least: remember that GMAT courses are not miracle workers - you are sitting for the exam, not them. On that note, what I can say is that if you are really into the GMAT and are a demanding student, Merchant GMAT will positively to that and keep up with the challenge. I can't say the same thing for the others courses!
You've read so far... stop thinking about it and set up a meeting with them!
Thanks again Joe and Anish!
— NICO Y. / 730 / CHICAGO BOOTH
Free GMAT Class and Official GMAT Mock Exam analysis
Free GMAT Class for Beginners